Thursday, March 8, 2012

Art journal week two-

This past weekend we celebrated my MIL 80th birthday! My husband and his sister planned a beautiful event in the world famous Kentucky Derby Museum. We had so much fun spending time with his family, with everyone living so far apart, it is always nice to reconnect. Most of the family we had not seen in years, my mother-in-law was so happy, I hope it is a memory that will stay with her for years to come.

In other news, I'm on week two in my art journal. I have decided to work on a page a week, I hope it will bring me art inspiration, as well as improving my creative writing skills. This is week one-

Last year my resolution was weight loss. I have lost 30 lbs to date (yeah!) This year its about a life style change, eating more healthy and exercising. I want to practice yoga with my cardio and pure barre. This page is about learning to meditate and practice yoga. The elephant is Ganesha, who will guard against any obstacle that may get in my way. I am my biggest obstacle, I think we all are.

Week two, which is this week for me, I'm behind on the blogging-


This page is about a journey. Learning to change is difficult, not only for you but for the people around you. I find myself wondering why its hard for others to accept when someone else is successful in meeting their goals.  Quiet competion is loud in my head, I feel it. I expressed my distress in this page, I'm looking over my shoulder, but I won't stop moving ahead. When I turn the page, those thoughts and feelings will be left there....I will move on.

 Up at the top left on my blog is a link to my Pintrest boards, go there and check out my healthy recipes, and fittness boards. I am 43 years old, I started exercising last year( first time ever). I really "kicked" it up a notch last October, when I started doing Pure Barre from home. This past weekend I was overwhelmed with compliments from my in-laws. Everyone noticed a change, and I know it's from the exercise. So stick with it. I hate to exercise, I have yet to enjoy it...but after hearing so many people acknowlege my hard work it really pays off. Thank you Seiler family for giving me a boost to keep going!


                                                                      (not me..lol)

No comments:

Blog Archive

VISIT ME AT ETSY!