Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Explore the Possibilities


In case you haven't noticed, I'm in love with crazy curly hair at the moment. Here, I have another girl with some fab 70's curly fro style hair. I sketched her couple of weeks ago and just now got around to adding her into my paintings, you may see her again, but for now this is it :)

This piece is 12x12 wood panel. I layered acrylic, in some of my favorite sun drenched colors. The flowers are a combination of watercolor and ink with bits of collage. Her dress is covered in vintage doilie. I used my favorite stamp from Unity and Donna Downey for the quote. There are links to both a few entries down.

I really want to keep this one, but my walls are covered. I think this would be a great gift for yourself, a grad or a very special girl. Great size for hanging. Click here for listing

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Andrea!
She's beautiful. Love your latest round of girls and the quotes from Donna are such a wonderful accompaniment! Best, Jeanette

Blog Archive

VISIT ME AT ETSY!