Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fashion designs


When I was young I dreamed of being a fashion designer, my favorite toy was Fashion Plates. Do you remember those? I'm showing my age :) I quickly learned that to be a real fashion designer you need to sew.....really good. That is a talent, and I do not have the patience it takes to sew. I knew I loved to draw and design clothes, so I spent hours creating paper dolls. I think that is where my art comes from. I wanted to be a fashion designer so it has manifested through my drawings.
For the last week I have been working on a huge piece- 16x20 I named this piece "Bryant Park" if you follow fashion or watch Project Runway you will "get" it.

1 comment:

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

I love your work! This painting is gorgeous and I love the four girls 'glitzs' with their lovely dark eyes - your style is so uniquely yours :D

Blog Archive

VISIT ME AT ETSY!