Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I want to take a minute to thank all the brave women and men who have served our country and are currently serving our country, because of you we all sleep sound at night.

UP NEXT!
My latest creation- This painting was inspired by American artist Charley Harper. One of my favorite artists. The piece that gave me my inspiration was "Foxsimiles" which is featured in his 2011 calender. It is a fun little foxy piece.....so.....I wanted to do something with a fox.

Here is my sketch-

followed by a color version-
and a box full of paper shreds.....all perfectly printed shades of orange-
 
I still have a few table top panels that I am currently recycling. The panel started black, so I built paint and paper around the dark finish that was already there. My finished piece is about 18x17 inches. There is a groove around the top and wide black sides.
The fox tail is pieced with hundreds of tiny shreds, each perfectly placed to create a colorful fox tail. This classy lady prefers a night on the town with her clever fox draped beautifully around her neck, instead of a pooch in her purse :)

My ETSY jewelry shop is open and new items are listed! I have a few earrings and new pendants! I love how earrings turned out......so cute! I only have a couple left, I will try to get more in soon.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Andrea, Love your "Get Foxy!". Very clever use of materials and such fun! We have a sweet fox that lives in our field during the summer and your piece reminded me of him...Hope you're having a wonderful holiday weekend! Best, Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Oh cool, love how you used the sheddrings and made them look so beautiful!

Nancy Melbourn said...

Andrea,
You are one of my favourite artists. I love your work. I love the use of the shredded paper. That is so amazing. I would have loved to see a video on how you applied that to your piece. You fill my day with such joy.

Blog Archive

VISIT ME AT ETSY!